Under policy direction, provide leadership for the delivery of an effective corporate services function which provides high quality planning, research, Promotions and services with value for money, Initiate & ensure effective management, monitoring and controls are in place. Lead the organizational development function to ensure that strategy and employee improvement plan is delivered.
Developing and implementing appropriate marketing strategies and programs including trade promotion to make the city investor friendly.
CIPS carries out it’s funtions effectively by strategically dividing the department into four (4) units listed below;
- Human Resources (HR) Unit
- Information & Communication Technology (ICT) Unit
- Media/Marketing & Investment Promotion Unit
- Community Relations Unit
SPECIFIC DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identifies, develops, promotes and facilitates trade & investment opportunities for the Authority.
- Advises the Authority on marketing and investment opportunities to enhance their access to the market, by the provision of market expertise and an overview of the business environment and relevant commercial issues.
- Effectively builds and leverages networks in the State, Country and outside the country.
- Develops working documents for successful investment promotion of the opportunities in the city.
- Develops the appropriate templates and forms needed for the investment process in compliance with best practices, taking into consideration Nigerian laws and regulation.
- Plans the Authority’s Media Campaigns, interfaces with the media and ensures positive relationships with stakeholders.
- Performs any other relevant duties or activities as assigned by the Managing Director.