Aerial photograph of Awka Capital Territory – (400sqkm):
ACTDA has completed the aerial photography of ACT with a resolution of 10cm.
This method of mapping produces a higher Digital Terrain Model (DTM), Height, accuracy that is adequate for all urban planning and engineering designs.
- Aerial photogrammetry is a method of surveying involving the measurement and interpretation of features directly from aerial photographs. For ‘large’ projects, aerial survey by camera permits data capture and mapping at a pace more rapid than possible using field surveyors.
- Aerial Photography (Orthophoto) offers the best opportunity for the following applications:
- City planning
- Engineering designs for road and bridge constructions
- Erosion control
- Geographic Information System (GIS)
- Resettlement and compensation
- Investment opportunities